Thursday, October 1, 2009

RJA #7

RJA #7a: Internet Research Tools- When it comes to internet research tools that I regularly use I only have a few that I choose from. I regularly use:

Google
Yahoo
MSN


The reasoning I use these internet research tools are that they are very quick, easy, and efficient. Another reason that I use these websites are that they are all I have ever used so out of habit I go to them and because I dont know of any better internet research tools so ignorance plays a key role. I like these tools for the same reasons I use them being the efficiency, ease of use, and the amount of time it takes to use them.

RJA #7b: Internet Research Tool Test- I used Carrot2 Clustering Engine using the keywords Canadian Health Care -U.S. Reform -Obama (advanced search, Boolean operators ('AND', NEAR, and "" through))and there were a total of 93,000,000 results and the top 100 results were 5 out of 5 regarding relevance. 10/1/09

RJA #7c: Field Research Plan- For my field research plan I intend on interviewing a nurse that now works in the Denver/metro area. She worked within the Canadian health care system for a number of years before moving to Denver to live closer to her in-laws. I intend to be finished with my field research plan by the end of October. I am only waiting on organizing all of my questions and a good time to interview her. If she isn't available to be interviewed in person due to the lack of time then I will do it over the phone although she did consent to the interview close to a month ago. The questions I have in mind at the time are to clear up some myths of the Canadian Health Care and I would like to get her honest opinion of the health system set up in Canada. Some questions I would ask her are:
1) Are the waits to recieve care on average very long (I know cases are always different) compared to the U.S.?
2) Are there a large shortage of supplies, doctors, or health care providers?
3) In all honesty what were some of the major flaws of the Canadian Health Care system?
4) Which system would you prefer to work for (The U.S. or Canadian)
5) Which system do you think is best overall?

2 comments:

  1. Check out "The Real Canadian Care Fact Finding Trip" at http://www.i2i.org/main/page.php?page_id=277. You might be able to talk to someone who participated for field research.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I never thought about doing anything like that....THANK YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete